Friday 31 December 2010

Happy New Year!

It's been a busy few weeks as we limped to the end of the first term.

I can't quite believe the first term is over, with a flurry of activity I've not known since well... I don't know. "Slow burner' this term - that's what Jamie said...

Thanks to Marian for getting us GD3 through Historic Conservation - and public apologies to Jim for laughing through much of his presentation. As my old man says, if people are laughing - you have their attention...
I've offered to present my Greenwich Project to my family this Christmas, you know as an alternative to the usual Queen's speech and charades - but they declined the opportunity....

I'm recovering from man-flu at the moment, which I caught from my other half, so all good intentions for study have gone slightly awry...but got some great books from Santa (from our reading lists of course), so have been reading and looking at pictures.

As Julia suggested, I managed to do a sketch on Boxing day to escape the washing-up - get me back in the mood to do some drawing. Hope you all had lovely festivities, and enjoy the New Year...should be good year for us all...don't waste it....really, really, really go for it...

View from my balcony which I sketched in the summer
Same view sketched in Boxing Day, washing-up dodging.

3 comments:

  1. really nice sketches sue, i love the ink !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes I agree with Adele they look wonderful and I think that's a great idea to draw the same place at different time of the year.

    Meilleurs vœux et Bonne Année 2011.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks,
    They are drawn with a dip-ink pen. Then an ink wash over the top once dried - which actually makes the drawing look better when applied.

    Try it!
    S

    ReplyDelete