Monday 14 March 2011

Aerial sketch of 1:200 area

I wasn't able to finish my sketch model this week, which is a disappointment. But I have finished a draft plan of my structural planting and hopefully resolved the hardworks plan - including the materials I want to use.

For me, this week was all about resolving the materials - hard and soft - and having courage of my convictions. Rightly or wrongly at this stage I put these drawing in ink... I know things will probably change, but ink on paper helps me feel I'm making progress.

Here is an aerial sketch of my 1:200 area. I first modelled the basic structure in Sketch-up and have used this as a guide for the sketch.




The overall sketch of the park was completed at the masterplanning stage - I coloured this in with photoshop.

2 comments:

  1. soooooooo like this diagram. May have to have ago, though i doubt the results would be as good as this.

    nice work 'sketch club master'

    Grant

    ReplyDelete
  2. actually it wasn't that difficult, once you have modelled it all in sketch-up. Stick a print-off on the window and then overlay with some marker paper (coz its thin)... then loosen your arm at the shoulder - circle it around - limber up... and with quick bold gestures with your pen, trace around the key shapes.

    Scan it in to photoshop - and colour with blocks of colour...job done.

    Or you could try blowing up the original really really big and then trace over using a nice fat brush and ink - as Jamie suggested. Then reduce it down and colour in with photoshop.

    ReplyDelete