Thursday 31 March 2011

Hitting the wall

Now, it might not surprise many of you but I have never run a marathon, but I'm guessing I might be feeling what many runners experience at the 20 mile point in a race - and run out of energy - thus 'hitting the wall'.

In any case - I've decided this is just a small wobble, a blip, fear of cocking up 3 years of study...perfectly rational?

Yesterday I cleaned out the office, did my filing - ordered a new set of pens, pencils, paper and wotnot - so I'm ready to start going again. Today is 1:50 day, no more no less - concrete lily pads and floating disks of shimmering loveliness... damp and dry planting scheme,  green walls, perilous stepping stones - because taking risks is all part of releasing your creativity...

And now for something completely different -  photos from my walk with the dog early Tuesday morning.

River Medway - the water's not blue
The corn field - early morning haze. Notice the tonal hierarchy of the bands of trees!
These reeds have been swaying about on the river's edge all winter.
beautiful catkins - kent cobnuts, sadly the squirrels get to them first.
violets - loverley violets...  
Its difficult to find aerial images of plants, so am going to try painting these into pond plants for my 1:200.   
and my dog 

No comments:

Post a Comment